Where these pages link out to sites provided by other people or companies, their own privacy policies will apply. These are managed separately by each provider.
A data controller determines how and why personal data is processed. For more information, read the Cabinet Office’s entry in the Data Protection Public Register.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact steamydave.co.uk
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use steamydave.co.uk
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on steamydave.co.uk
- how long you spend on each steamydave.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our site
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
What we do with your data
The data we collect (questions or comments), may be shared with other site users if you have specifically consented for the informtion to be shared, with the exception of your email address - which we will never share without your consent.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data and the website are hosted in UK data centres. Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA, but this cannot be used to personally identify you.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure.
Third Party Cookies
We use Google Analytics to monitor the use of this website to help us understand how it is used, and to enable us to improve how it works.
We will store a cookie to remember your preferences regarding other cookies (https://cookieconsent.osano.com/). There is an irony there!
The site may create session cookies to help the site work. They contain no personal information, and will be deleted when you close your browser.